Saturday, January 11, 2014

Deployed

In a few hours this flag will hang in my front window.
Each stitch by myself, Matt, Rachel and Scooter.

Nine months in Kuwait.
Rachel is Rock Steady as his Brave Heart wife.
My son, Sgt Kyle Broughton, is serving his third tour of duty as a Scuba Diver for the Army. 
He is proud, brave, devoted and strong. I could not be more proud.
But no lie....my heart is broken. The sacrifice. The distance. 
The separation.

But when I see their faces and witness the steadfast love they have for each other, I stand taller, cry a little bit less, and dig a little bit deeper into my own tenacity for tough times.


Stay strong
Keep focused
Look forward





9 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your son and family. May the time pass swiftly and may he come home safely to the arms of his loved ones.

Anonymous said...

Huge hugs to you all. xoxoxo

suzanne said...

holding you all in my heart, deb

Kim Mailhot said...

Big love to your broken heart and waves of white light and peace to your brave man-son as he serves.
hugs, Sweetie !

Kim Mailhot said...

Big love to your broken heart and waves of white light and peace to your brave man-son as he serves.
hugs, Sweetie !

Donna said...

I'm an Army mom who's been there... and I remember how a part of your heart stops until a son comes home. Thank your son, his family and you for your sacrifices.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
YOUR LOVE Is STRONG for sure!

Jo Murray said...

I often think of all those brave soldiers serving in foreign countries and wish them all home safely soon.

Caitlin said...

Sending strength + prayers your family's way!