Sunday, August 22, 2010

AUGUST BREAK : Day 22


I am back in Texas today, feeling a bit grumpy, missing the cool ocean breezes as the temps rise several degrees above 100. Then suddenly I feel guilty as I think of my son in Kuwait, who is working in 130 degree weather...too hot to sleep, too tired to rest. So I unplugged the vacuum, laid down the dust rag and stopped the washer, iced down the wine, jumped into my car and took myself out on a date to a friends Ranch house nearby and worshiped the sun all afternoon until it set on the horizon.

4 comments:

sperlygirl said...

with everyone leaving iraq, you have been in my thoughts, deb. sending lots of love xx s

Meri said...

You sexy thing! I think that the brigade that left Iraq via Kuwait is back home at Joint Base Lewis McChord. It's a time of transition, but still cause for concern, I know.

rebecca said...

holding you close.

xoxoxoxoxox,
rebecca

robin. said...

namaste...sweet lady...