Monday, June 14, 2010

I got the painting blues


History repeated itself this week. I am a freak when it comes to PAINT! I stress about color, I buy the wrong color, I return the color, thankfully to be altered by Sherwin Williams who has become my new best friend! We are moving at a rapid pace this week, finalizing colors....as you can see, I switched from a robin egg blue to historical retro green after much cursing, foot stomping, brush slinging and even a few tears!Then I sit back and finally say "ahh. I love it"  Later this week we hope to install tin ceiling tiles and maybe even a floor! And maybe the "Gotta Get a Kitchen Blues" will all fade away.

9 comments:

beth said...

wow you guys are working sooooo hard, but it's looking sooooo great !

I love that green....LOTS !

Brenda said...

I have SOOOOOO wanted the Robin's Egg Blue, but have yet to get it right.....which reminds me, welcome to my blue living room...grrrrr

stregata said...

Love, love, love the colour!!!!

Kim Mailhot said...

It will be beautiful ! Blue or green, it doesn't matter. It is filled you yours and Matt's heart and soul. What's not to love ?!

rebecca said...

we lovers of colour...
do not feel comfortable choosing one over another!
like friends we welcome them all into our amorous hearts!

glad you are in mine.

xoxoxoxox,
rebecca

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the color - it's s peaceful and soothing

Joanna said...

It's so hard to select the right color. I am like you, always changing and shifting. I did the same thing in a bathroom--it began as robin's egg blue but morphed into a cool green. Blue's can tend to be too cold for me (living in a cool coastal climate). Hope you end up loving your kitchen.
Joanna

Michelle said...

Hey, the robin's egg blue doesn't have enough umff. Green is fabulous with the walls...

robin. said...

the green, baby...is perfection. love it!!