Wednesday, November 11, 2009

on this day

a new friend wrote me an email this morning, telling me of her inspiration to write this poem. She saw my photograph on Facebook and it caused her to pause. Thank you Sue. I have been moved, especially on this day of remembering, honoring and reflection. The photo collage is in honor of my son, Kyle Mackey Broughton, aka Scooter, aka Sargent Broughton which includes moments from his childhood all the way thru Dive School and tour of duty in Iraq. He is stationed currently in Virginia, and will serve his second tour of duty next year. Peace be to all who have and will serve. Deb's Poem by Sue Foster Reaching past the thorns and pain Entering the heart of the enemy Not to be daunted by the threat of harm But centered on the purpose at hand A single vision Courage to penetrate the barrier To reach inside, one single delicate blossom at a time Needing only to persist and hold the vision Later to be joined by others Standing silently united No need to speak, but simply to believe Union formed and knitted together Standing brilliant for all to see We shall overcome in peace

3 comments:

trash talk said...

The only word I can come up with is breathtaking as I am having a difficult time breathing after reading this. Thank you.
Debbie

Kim Mailhot said...

Wow...such perfect words for this day. Thank you for sharing this with us.
In gratitude,remembrance and in love.

susanna said...

You must be so proud of your son, Deb. I come from a Canadian Air Force family. My father was proud of being in the Air Force and we were so proud of him.

Your son is courageous. He's standing up for what he believes in. I wish him (and your family) the very best.