Monday, August 31, 2009

Creative Cups for Cure

It may seem to you like I have been quiet, but oh this Sleeping Giant is READY TO ROAR!! I spent the past 3 days and wee early hours of the mornings, photographing an amazing group of women who are modeling Art Bras for an upcoming event Oct 13 in Giddings. Most of them are Breast Cancer survivors with a BRA-load of stories to share,victories to celebrate and scars to show and tell...PROUD AND ALIVE!! I have been honored and humbled to photograph these women who are brave enough to model Art Bras for a 2010 Calendar, available next month. All proceeds benefit the Lee County Area Cancer Resource Center in Giddings, the neighbor town just down the highway from me. For now I can only share a sneak peek at what I have been up to. Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

What a cool celebration of survival ! A great project to be a part of, Lovely Deb ! I am sure you did those fancy ta-tas proud !'
Happy Monday !

Hashi said...

What a privilege for you. My mother has a mastectomy around age 70 and never wore a prosthesis. She just walked around with one booby for the rest of her life. I always admired that about her!

Anonymous said...

Deb it is so special what all of you are doing. I think many have been touched by at least someone who has had breast cancer... You are the perfect person to bring this project to life by capturing it... I love you and miss you so much... you wouldn't believe where my mom was yesterday. I think the town is call Ocala by where your mom lives... it is only 45 min from my mom!!! Crazy world... Hugs my beautiful friend.

Kelly Snelling said...

i've been away for two weeks and just catching up on my blog reading. first, God's blessings to your friend having the lumpectomy. i am lifting her up in light, hope, and love. i, too, am a breast cancer survivor. she will be in my prayers. and i'm so happy for you to have your fabulous charm in CPS! congratulations!! a couple years ago i wrote an art jewelry book with a friend that started with a charm exchange. two of us in the book ended up fighting breast cancer during the time of writing. and now we are preparing to auction the finished jewelry pieces off to raise money for susan g. komen for the cure. so when i saw your post about the calendar of art bras i was clapping my hands. i look forward to hearing more about this project. i would love to post about it at my blog, as well, to help send customers to the cause! thank you for sharing your joy and big heart, deb! you always make me feel uplifted.