Monday, June 16, 2008

Hugsalot

There is no place like being inside the fold of the arms of a beloved. It is calming, reassuring, nurturing, familiar. Not the kind from old Aunt Bessie with purple hair with half her teeth who pinches your cheek and calls you by your brothers name. Not the kind like a teepee hug from an office mate or the wimpy cold-as-a-fish hug from an embarrassed teenager who demands personal space. I am talking about the full-on, Big-as-Texas Bear Hug from shoulder to toes, heart to heart, armful of love that lingers longer than a hiccup. It's the kind that leaves you knowing you are OK. You are loved. You are safe. And for just one moment the world is calm, still and at peace. Hugging has no unpleasant side effects and is all natural. There are no batteries to replace, it's inflation-proof and non-fattening with no monthly payments. It's non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully refundable. I will not play at tug o' war I'd rather play at hug o' war, Where everyone hugs Instead of tugs.... ~Shel Silverstein~ I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug ten people at a time. ~Drew Barrymore~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb-Pleased and surprised to see my pics displayed. How cool! When I walk in from work in the afternoons, I want a hug from my hubby and son. A hug that says "welcome, I'm glad you're home, thanks for working hard, glad to see you, thanks for hanging in there."
Hope you are good!